Google Cloud Firestore is database service from google and is has very similar features like firebase realtime data base. It is a NoSQL database like MongoDB and it will sync the data with all connected applications automatically in real time.
It has some cool properties like multi regional data replication, multi document transaction and much more..
Key features of Cloud Firestore include:
- Documents and collections with powerful querying
- iOS, Android, and Web SDKs with offline data access
- Real-time data synchronization
- Automatic, multi-region data replication with strong consistency
- Node, Python, Go, and Java server SDKs
Right now it is available for the developers in BETA mode, however google may release the stable version with in few months.
What is the difference between Firebase Realtime Database and FireStore ?
Firebase realtime db does not offer the actual NoSQL database however can be store data like a tree structure.
This is a best tutorial for some one who would like to get started with Google Cloud Firestore SDK.